The emission from burning diesel fuels is comparatively greater, and 6.7 Cummins DPF and EGR delete kit has emerged victorious as far as filtering diesel-related particulates is concerned.
Most vehicles, especially those running on diesel engines, must meet the minimum carbon emission threshold.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has been formed under the Clean Air Act to implement standards that all car manufacturers should follow.
A diesel engine can push the exhaust fumes back into the engine in most cases. When this is no longer possible, one might need to consider an ERG delete kit.
This kit involves retrieving the engine’s ERG (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve. It comes as a pre-programmed command that prompts the engine to work without an EGR valve.
You will agree that these two elements are crucial in modern automotive.
6.7 Cummins DPF and EGR Delete Kit: Special Features & Specifications
What is Cummins DPF?
Cummins engines are some of the most powerful engines you can come around. They are designed to meet the need for powerful diesel engines such as trucks, tractors, and other machines.
Most of the Cummins engines comes already fitted with Cummins Diesel Particulate Filter.
That is a special type of filter that has been designed to bar soot accrued from internal combustion from being released into the atmosphere.
Cummins DPF works by literally trapping unburned or partially burned diesel particles and fuel.
The filter is made from a special ceramic material that has been molded into a structure made of small perforations.
Once the unburned exhaust soot settles within the pockets, the engine, at some point, sucks the soot back into the engine for further combustion.
Cummins DPF is highly efficient as it can filter off up to 96 percent of the unburned particles from the engine.
What is EGR Delete Kit?
As the name suggests, EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) is a component found in many modern automotive engines.
It helps control the amount of Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) being released into the atmosphere.
It is made up of a valve that opens to let the exhaust fumes in before forcing them back to the engine for further combustion.
It limits the amount of oxygen reaching the engine, forcing the engine’s trapped NOx fumes to be alternatively used.
EGR delete kit is an operation or procedure that is crucial when the need to cancel the need for an EGR process in the engine.
When the kit is evoked, your engine will expel the exhaust fumes without forcing it back for further combustion.
Therefore, it is not a physical kit but several instructions (software updates) that prompt the engine to abandon the utilization of the EGR valve.
Top 3 6.7 Cummins DPF
01. LAPB Cummins Differential Pressure Sensor (DPF) Diesel Engine EGR Delta
- Fits Cummins ISB 6.7L Diesel engine
- Original DFN pressure sensor
- Weighs 3.84 ounces
- Measures 3.4 by 2.56 by 3.84 inches
Cummins Differential Pressure Sensor (DPF) has been designed to fit in all engines of Cummins ISB 6.7L diesel engines EGR.
That means they can reach the intended performance if used on specified diesel engines.
It is an original DFN pressure sensor for Cummins engines. The product is authentic and designed to sense small margins of pressure difference with such a characteristic.
With the right type of diesel engine, one can rest assured that it will filter residual diesel particles based on the available pressure differences.
It has been designed with high precision and optimal testing hence achieving the intended efficiency and reliability and can last longer than expected.
With such a state of the art designing, this DPF can last longer, and there will be no need for regular replacement or cleaning.
- It is efficient and hence works continuously.
- It is designed specifically for Cummins engines.
- It is a genuine part of Cummins.
- Comes with a 12 months warranty.
- It may not work well with other engines other than Cummins.
02. ImpDeal Cummins EGR Differential Pressure Valve Sensor Fit for Cummins ISX
- Designed to fit for Cummins ISX
- For 104990-120, 3683323 replacement
- Weighs 7.83 ounces
- Package dimensions: 3 by 3 by 3 inches
- Model: Cummins 4921728
ImpDeal Cummins EGR is the best for Cummins ISX engines. It has the highest capability in sensing exhaust gas with particulates.
That allows it to prompt the pressure valve to send the partially burnt diesel particles back into the combustion chamber.
It comes with factory-fitted rings that are o-shaped. That allows for appropriate fitting and increased efficiency as far as pressure sensing and recirculation are concerned.
It is custom designed using precision technology hence attaining the specifications for Cummins diesel engines.
Once installed, it enhanced complete combustion and reduced the emission of carbon and NOx particles from the exhaust fumes.
- It comes with factory designed rings
- Technologically designed to enhance efficiency
- It meets exact Cummins Engine specifications
- It is highly sensitive to an engine pressure difference
- It does not fit into other diesel engine models
03. SONAKY EGR Pressure Sensor Compatible with Cummins Diesel Engine
- SONAKY brand
- Weighs 4.2 ounces
- Measures: 3.62 by 2.48 by 1.97
- For Cummins Diesel Engines
SONAKY EGR pressure sensor has been designed to fit directly since it comes with special connectors.
The precise connectors alleviate the need for further modification that might lead to an extra cost. Such precision in connection and its direct-fit nature allow for easy connection.
It is the best replacement for engine parts numbers 4307166, 28724, and 4384138. That means it can be used as the replacement for the EGR model numbers stated above.
It works as a replacement for a series of part numbers, which shows how extensive its use is.
It perfectly fits Cummins Diesel Engine models 4BT, 6AT, 6BT, and ISB 6.7L. It works well and produces desirable results with these engines.
When fitted in the above engine series, it tends to be reliable and durable and promotes top-notch engine efficiency. It may not fit in other engine models other than the latter.
It can be tested before shipping as long as the old ones are delivered to the manufacturer. This allows for perfect matching to determine fitness and functionality before shipping.
That enhances precision and ensures the right type is shipped.
- Easy to install
- Comes with precise connectors hence proper fitting
- Fits with several Cummins Diesel Engines
- It is tested for fitting and functionality before shipping
- A replacement for varying engine part numbers
- It does not fit if not matched with new ones
Top 3 6.7 EGR Coolant Bypass Kit
01. Fleece FPE- CLNTBYPS Coolant Bypass Kit Compatible with Dodge Ram 6.7 Cummins Diesel
- Weighs 2.7 pounds
- Measures 9.75 by 9.5 by 3.5 inches
- Fleece Performance Engineering brand
- Model FPE-CLNTBYPS- Cummins- 6.7
Unlike other pressure-dependent coolant kits, Fleece FPE- CLNTBYPS Coolant Bypass Kit works based on temperature.
It is designed to release and bypass hot air within the engine cylinders when the optimum engine temperature of 180 degrees Celsius is attained.
It has been designed specifically for 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 6.7 Cummins Diesel engines.
It works well with this engine model as it has an additional provision for a temperature-dependent coolant bypass valve.
This is key for sensing excessive heat, especially when the engine has been overworked.
It comes with a high-temperature and pressure-resistant pipe. The pipe is heat and pressure-resistant. It has an outer layer made of asbestos threads.
The coolant kit is accompanied by connecting washers and bolts crucial for connecting the kit to the pressure release valve.
- Works based on temperature threshold other than pressure
- Best fit for 2007- 2018 Dodge Ram 6.7 Cummins Diesel Engine
- Comes with pressure and temperature resistant pipe
- Effective coolant for controlling rear cylinder temperatures
- It is not meant for all Cummins 6.7 Diesel Engines
02. RJSPHH Fuel Filter Delete Bypass Kit Compatible with Dodge Ram 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins Diesel
- Weighs 1.21 pounds
- Measures 5.16 by 4.92 by 1.69 inches
- For 2003- 2009 third-generation Dodge or Cummins
- Compatible with 2007.5 – 2009 Dodge 6.7 Cummins
- RJSPHH manufactured model
It is made of billet aluminum with a CNC machine precision crafting. This makes it light in weight.
The billet aluminum makes it strong, given that aluminum carries qualities that make it strong and light in weight.
It has special ports for WIF (water in fuel) sensors. Additionally, it is designed with a 9/16- 18 O-ring port. The O-ring allows for connection with two CP3 return lines from the engine.
The whole kit comes with a fuel filter delete block, washers for replacement, a WIF sensor, M14 by 2.0 fuel sensor plug. It also comes with the O-ring port plug, as stated above.
- It does not distort the factory fuel filter system
- It can be mounted without the need to modify fuel return lines
- Has water in the fuel sensor
- Billet Aluminum material makes it light and durable
- Perfectly fits the 2007 to 2009 Dodge/Cummins Diesel Engine
- Requires an expert to install
03. Fleece FPE-FFD- RO- 3G Fuel Filter Delete Compatible with Dodge 5.9L Cummins Diesel
- Fleece Performance Engineering Brand
- Weighs 15.8 ounces
- Measures 7 by 6 by 3 inches
- Model: FPE- FFD- RO- 3G
- Trucks Performance Part
It has been designed and accompanied by a 9/16-18 O-Ring Port Plug. The O-ring allows for a tight-fitting connection with the engine fuel filter system.
The O-ring ensures no leakage even after the completer removal of the original fuel filter. It also allows for use with a replacement fuel filter system, e.g., Airdog or FASS.
Designed for 2003- 2007 Dodge 5.9L Cummins engines. It is a good replacement for a fuel filter system.
It is the best such an engine because once installed, the removal of an entire factory filter is possible.
Fleece Fuel Filter Delete has been designed to fit perfectly, and there is no need for modifying the fuel return lines.
The altering and removal of the original fuel return lines are unnecessary as this product comes with a well-positioned valve opening crucial for direct connection.
I have Water In Fuel (WIF) sensor port, a crucial element for detecting water molecules in the fuel return lines.
Once water traces in fuel are sensed, the WIF sensor prompts for a corrective measure.
- It has Water In Fuel Sensor for detecting water traces
- Easy to install as no modification is necessary
- Works efficiently with 2003-2007 Dodge 5.9L Cummins
- Comes with an O-rings port for proper fitting
- It can perfectly work in place of a factory fuel filter
- Only compatible with 2003-2007 Dodge 5.9L Cummins Diesel Engine
Difference Between 6.7 Cummins DPF And EGR Delete Kit
- The DPF (diesel particulate filter) works by physically trapping the soot that escapes from the engine and then stores it in a compartment with small holes like those found in honeycombs.
When the compartment is full of soot, the exhaust gets congested hence initiating a process regarded as the “regen cycle .”This is a process where the tooth is forced back into the engine’s combustion chamber for complete combustion.
When the burning is complete, the mass of re-burned soot is let out at once. This is not the case in EGR.
- DPF is the replacement, and repair is an expensive encounter, unlike EGR. Additionally, a decision to remove it might jeopardize your engine performance.
If removed, the vehicle horsepower might dwindle. The fuel economy and the life span of an engine can be affected by the removal as well.
- The removal or repair of the DPF can improve the engine performance comparatively. In most cases, using a single DPF for a relatively long time means that more soot will accumulate within the soot trap compartment.
That will, in turn, affect engine efficiency as far as fuel consumption is concerned.
01. To increase the performance of a diesel engine, DPF delete kits become handy. The ultimate results of the DPF delete application will automatically increase the performance of a diesel engine vehicle.
02. On the other hand, the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) works when an electronic signal prompts it to suck in the exhaust fumes into the engine air intake system. This is different from DPF, where soot from the engine is trapped physically.
03. Unlike the DPF, it sends the exhaust fumes back to the engine in real-time. It does not store or trap any soot for a collective burning and release.
- The EGR delete kits are critical in reducing the amount of soot within the engine combustion chambers. This is because it eliminates the need to re-direct the exhaust fumes back into the engine.
- It reduces the number of exhaust fumes containing soot in the atmosphere but increases soot in the engine.
That is different in DPF, where the soot is trapped, burned again, and released to free up the soot compartment.
6.7 Cummins DPF And EGR Delete Kit Full Details with Specifications
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use LAPB Cummins Differential Pressure Sensor (DPF) in other diesel engines other than Cummins ISB 6.7L diesel engine?
Yes, but in most cases, an extensive modification by an expert will be required.
However, this product will work effectively and enhance the efficiency of your diesel engine is used for the right diesel engine models.
If you are eyeing top-notch performance, you ought to make sure that this DPF is specifically meant for Cummins ISB 6.7L diesel engine.
What is a Differential Pressure Sensor concerning Cummins EGR?
The differential pressure sensor is a characteristic where an EGR works based on how much pressure has been built up to trigger the EGR to allow exhaust gas into the engine.
Once the set pressure threshold has been reached, the ERG valve will automatically open, allowing exhaust gases into the engine for further combustion.
Is it possible for a manufacturer to test my EGR before shipping?
Yes. However, not all manufacturer gives a provision where an EGR component can be tested and matched with the original ERG.
It is important to find a manufacturer who will allow you to send an old one before the new replacement can be shipped.
See more: how to test egr valve without vacuum pump?
Can I mount the FPE-CLNTBYPS- CUMMINS- 6.7 Coolant Bypass Kit without professional help?
It depends on how extensive you are conversant with the components of these kits and whether you have done it before.
Considering that this kit comes with several components, it might prove challenging for beginners to install it independently.
Depending on the complexity of the engine model and the bypass kit itself, you might require help from an expert.
Can RJSPHH Fuel Filter Bypass Kit work with other models far from 2007.5- 2009 Dodge 6.7L Cummins Diesel engines?
Probably, yes. However, considering that the exact engine models have been mentioned, it is important if this kit is used for the right engine model.
That is because it works effectively and efficiently with the right engine type.
If used with the right engine, there will be no need for fuel return pipe modification and removal from their original place.
Is there anything special with Fleece FPE-FFD- RO- 3G Fuel Filter Delete?
One of the things that makes this component special is that it allows you to remove the bypassed filter housing completely.
It has several ports that allow you to use them when the need arises. The best aftermarket lift pump and filter system work well with 2003- 2007 Cummins 5.9L engines.
It can also be used to replace a water filter for most of the Dodge Cummins.
Deciding on the right type of 6.7 Cummins DPF And EGR Delete Kit can be an uphill task if you are unaware of their fine details.
These two elements are the best for enhancing the performance of diesel engine vehicles. However, their functionality has clear-cut differences.
While DPF physically traps soot particles from the engine, the EGR works by redirecting the exhaust fumes back into the engine.
It is important to understand when respective delete kits are necessary and when they are not.
Overall, identifying the best DPF and ERG kits based on the discussed features and functionality is making critical decisions about improving your diesel engine’s performance.
The 6.7 Cummins DPF and ERG delete kit that tops the list in each category should be considered when deciding how to improve diesel engine performance.